Facebook Messenger is one of the most popular messaging apps on the market. It’s a great tool for staying in touch with friends and family, but it can also be a repository for a lot of personal information. If you want to remove contacts from Messenger, there are a few ways to go about it.
How to Remove Contacts from Messenger
If you want to remove contacts from Messenger, there are a few different ways to go about it. The first step is to open Messenger and select the people you want to remove. Next, press the three lines in the top left corner of the screen and select “Settings.” Next, scroll down and select “Accounts.” You’ll see a list of all of your accounts, including Messenger. Tap on the account you want to remove contacts from and then tap on “Edit.” Next, tap on the “People” tab and select the contacts you want to remove. Finally, tap on “Remove.”
What are the Different Types of Contacts in Messenger?
There are a few different types of contacts in Messenger:
- -Contact names
- -Phone numbers
- -Email addresses
- -Facebook profiles
- -LinkedIn profiles
- -Twitter accounts
If you want to remove a contact from Messenger, you’ll need to first identify which type of contact it is. Below, we’ll walk you through the process of removing each type of contact from Messenger.
How to Remove a Contact From Your Messenger Account
If you want to remove a contact from your Messenger account, you first need to open the app and locate the contact. Once you find the contact, tap on their name at the top of the screen. Next, tap on the three lines in the bottom left corner of the screen. This will open up a menu that lets you remove the contact from your Messenger account.
Why can’t I remove a contact from Messenger?
If you’re having trouble removing a contact from Messenger, there may be a few reasons why.
First, if the contact is a friend, they may have opted in to receive messages from you in Messenger. If this is the case, you’ll need to either unfriend them or remove their contact info from your Messenger account before you can remove them.
If the contact is someone you don’t want to communicate with anymore, you can try removing their number from your contacts list in Messenger. You can also remove their name and picture from your chat window by selecting them and clicking the gear icon (three lines in a circle) on the right side of their name.
If none of these tips work, it might be because the person’s phone number or email address was included in a message you sent them. In that case, you’ll need to delete that message before you can remove the contact from your account.
How do I delete Messenger contacts and messages?
If you want to remove a contact from Messenger, follow these steps:
1. Open the Messenger app on your device.
2. Tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen. (These lines typically look like folders).
3. Select “Contacts”.
4. Select the contact you want to delete.
5. Tap on the three dots in the top right corner of the screen. (These dots typically look like folders).
6. Select “Delete Contact”.
7. Confirm that you want to delete the contact by tapping on “Yes”.
How do I delete unknown contacts from Messenger?
If you don’t keep in touch with your old contacts and they’ve stopped showing up in your Messenger contacts list, it may be time to delete them. Here’s how:
1. Open the Messenger app on your phone.
2. Tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen.
3. Select Settings from the menu that pops up.
4. Under Account settings, tap on Contacts.
5. On the Contacts page, tap on the three lines in the top left corner of the screen and select Delete from the menu that pops up.
6. If you want to keep a copy of your contact list for future reference, tap on Keep Contact List before deleting contacts.
How do you delete a non friend on Messenger on iPhone?
If you want to remove a contact from Messenger on your iPhone, there are three steps you need to follow. First, open the contact’s profile by tapping on their name in the main menu. Next, tap the three lines in the top right corner of the screen and select “Remove from Conversation.” Finally, confirm your decision by selecting “Delete.”
If you’re ever feeling overwhelmed with all of the notifications on your Messenger app, it might be time to remove some contacts from your account. Not all of your friends need to be in direct contact with you all the time, and sometimes it’s nice to take a break from talking to everyone. Here are six easy steps to removing contacts from Messenger.
You Can Read Also:
- How to Remove Someone from Facebook Group
- How to Remove Suggested People on Messenger
- How to Recover Deleted Facebook Comments
- How to Get Notification When Someone is Online on Facebook
- How to Remove Email Address from Facebook
- How to See Who I am Following on Facebook
- How to See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile
- How to See Other Viewers on Facebook Story
- How to Remove Reels and Short Videos from Facebook
- How to Hide & Unhide Messages on Facebook Messenger
- How to Remove Contacts from Facebook Messenger
- Best Facebook Age Checker Tool 2022
- Can I See Who Downloaded My Facebook Photos